Friday, February 19, 2010

Xbox 360: Bioshock2 and Dante's Inferno

I finally got my xbox returned to Gamestop and received a new one, but the one they game me only has standard definition cables. So now I have to make my way back there sometime to trade cables, b/c it makes no sense to have a HDTV and play Xbox 360 in standard def. While I was there I picked up Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2, both excellent games. I haven't played much of Bioshock 2 yet, but from what I've seen, it's pretty much like the first (minus the fact that you're a big daddy, so your melee weapon is your drill hand).
I played Dante's Inferno for a few hours the other night, and I was very impressed. The game is very much like God of War, as far as being an action adventure with upgradable weapons, magic, and attacks. In Dante's Inferno you play Dante who has a run in with death and beats his ass with his own Reaper. When you get back home, you find your wife dead and her soul is taken to hell right in front of your eyes. So you travel to hell and fight your way through hells forces and through the many circles of hell. So far this game is excellent. I can't wait to see what's in store for Dante. If your a gamer like me and you like games like God of War, then you will definitely like Dante's Inferno.

1 comment:

  1. Dante's inferno wasn't very good in my opinion, but it wasn't that bad either. I'll just wait for God of War III. I was able to beat the demo by spamming the laser cross ranged attack... and by purifying everything else. (Holy XP...OH YEAH!!!)
    On the subject of Bioshock 2, I read a review that its mostly the same game as the first until you reach the end, then it becomes incredible.
    So good luck to you in the 9 circles of hell, man. Keep Death's Scythe close and your Laser Cross closer.

    ReplyDelete