Friday, March 12, 2010

Paper Prototype

We started our paper prototypes last week and I've come up with a new idea for my story line. I wanted a platform game so I'm going to have it to where you are climbing a mountain and each screen is a step up the mountain. The story starts with the main character and his girlfriend lying in a field with a snake that goes unnoticed and bites his girlfriend. He takes his girlfriend to a locals house and the old man that lives there tells him of a flower that can cure her poisoned state. It is located on a mountain called Wamboosa. So the character has to climb Wamboosa and get the flower to save his woman.  At the top of each screen is a door and you will have to answer questions of different topics to continue. That's the best thing I could think of for now.
 To complete my game I'll need to learn how to animate my character to make him walk forward and backward and also be able to jump. I want to give him a gun so I'll need to be able to learn to shoot projectiles and hit detection and make the enemies disappear. Also I want to have pickups for life and ammo so I'll need to be able to make a life bar and ammo count and be able to pick up items and add them to the corresponding counter. I'll update when I know more

1 comment:

  1. Good idea! You have thought this through very well and are off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete